When: Friday 12 January at 11.00
Where: Anna Politkovskaya press room and via Interactio
Key topics next week include:
- Debate on the results of the December EU summit, the 1 February Special European Council and the situation in Hungary with Presidents Charles Michel and Ursula von der Leyen;
- Debate on the programme for Belgium’s six-month Council Presidency with Prime Minister Alexander De Croo;
- Improving product labelling and banning the use of misleading environmental claims: debate and final vote;
- Humanitarian situation in Gaza and the need to reach a ceasefire: debate and vote;
- Debate on keeping commitments and delivering EU military aid to Ukraine;
- Music streaming platforms: vote on how to support artists and address injustices;
- Economic governance: revamping the EU’s economic governance rules;
- Commemoration ceremony honouring Jacques Delors.
Interpretation of the press briefing will be available in English and French.
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://ep.interactio.eu/1dxr-tkkf-mpje
Information for the media – Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.
When connected, open the chat window (upper right corner) to be able to see the service messages.
For more details, check the connection guidelines and recommendations for remote speakers.