Key topics next week include:
- Debate and vote on the terrorist attacks of Hamas against Israel;
- Announcement of the winner of the 2023 Sakharov Prize for Freedom of Thought;
- Establishing a Ukraine Facility worth €50 billion for 2024 to 2027 to support recovery, reconstruction and modernisation: debate and vote;
- Key debate on Parliament’s priorities for the 26-27 October European Council;
- Debate on effectiveness of EU sanctions on Russia;
- New Strategic Technologies for Europe Platform to support EU projects in developing critical and emerging strategic technologies: debate and vote;
- Prime Minister of Armenia, Nikol Pashinyan, to address the European Parliament;
- Award of the Daphne Caruana Galizia Prize for Journalism.
Interpretation of the press briefing will be available in English and French.
Journalists wishing to actively participate and ask questions, please connect via Interactio by using this: https://ep.interactio.eu/66e2-hy1p-1w4u
Information for the media – Use Interactio to ask questions
Interactio is only supported on iPad (with the Safari browser) and Mac/Windows (with the Google Chrome browser).
When connecting, enter your name and the media you are representing in the first name / last name fields.
For better sound quality, use headphones and a microphone. Interpretation is only possible for interventions with video.
Journalists who have never used Interactio before are asked to connect 30 minutes before the start of the press conference to perform a connection test. IT assistance can be provided if necessary.
When connected, open the chat window (upper right corner) to be able to see the service messages.
For more details, check the connection guidelines and recommendations for remote speakers.