Achieving climate neutrality by 2050 is the EU’s long-term objective. In the shorter run, all focus is on the Fit for 55 package of legislation to revise and update current climate, energy and transport-related legislation to cut greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55 % by 2030 and to become independent from expensive and polluting fossil fuels from Russia well before 2030.
1st June 2022
– Pascal Canfin (Renew, FR) , Chair of ENVI Committee
10:30 Emissions: Trade & Targets
– Peter Liese (EPP, DE) , Member of the ENVI Committee, Rapporteur on the revision of the EU emission trading system (ETS)
– Mohammed Chahim (S&D, NL) , Member of the ENVI Committee, Rapporteur on the proposal for a regulation establishing a Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM)
– Jan Huitema (Renew, NL) , Member of the ENVI Committee, Rapporteur on the amending Regulation (EU) 2019/631 as regards strengthening the CO2 emission performance standards for new passenger cars and new light commercial vehicles
11:20 Climate Change and Energy: Taxonomy and other aspects
– Bas Eickhout (Greens/EFA, NL) , Vice-Chair of ENVI Committee and Rapporteur for the Taxonomy Regulation
11:45 Time for interviews
14:00 Energy perspectives
– Lina Gálvez Muñoz (S&D, ES) , Vice-Chair of ITRE Committee
14:20 Energy in(dependency): How does the war in Ukraine impact the Fit for 55 ambitions?
– Christian Ehler (EPP, DE) Coordinator of the EPP position in ITRE Committee
– Niels Fuglsang (S&D, DK) Member of ITRE Committee, Rapporteur on the proposal for a Directive on Energy Efficiency (recast)
– Ciarán Cuffe (Greens/EFA, IE) , Member of ITRE Committee and Rapporteur on Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
Interactio link (ONLY for journalists, this link allows to connect and be able to ask questions).
Webstreaming link (for everyone who wants to follow LIVE or RECORDED)